Welcome, Clarion neighbors!
I am a seasoned business owner here in Clarion, an experienced community advocate and we are also a proud military family. My husband is part of the Air National Guard, served as Navy Doctor with the Marines during 9/11 and also served in the Iraq War.
I understand the dedication and value of service, and I’m so excited to be running as your mayor!
To me, being Mayor of Clarion is not a political position – it’s a community responsibility. As a wife and mother of two grown daughters, I recognize that the “power” of this position comes from representing and supporting the Clarion community. Now that my youngest daughter is off to college in the fall, I’m ready to give back even more to this community that has given me, and my family, so much.
I’ve spent many years of my career in customer service-related positions, and I view my candidacy for Mayor as an extension of what I learned in these roles. I believe Community Counts through my following leadership initiatives:
- I serve on the Clarion Borough Planning Commission.
- I serve on the Board for SAFE.
- I’ve been a Girl Scout leader for 14 years. For 12 of those years, I have also been the Service Unit Manager for our Clarion
- I am a passionate advocate for saving our historical buildings and building on our town’s history and heritage while also striking a balance with progressing into the future.
- I am a long-standing member of the League of Women Voters.
In many respects, I am the Clarion story that I’ve come to love and value. I attended high school and college here and then came back to raise my family and to run our small business with my parents.
My Promise to You
As Mayor of Clarion, our shared values will always come first. I will bring my experience, honesty and experience to the job every day.
I’ve spent many years of my career in customer service-related positions, and I view my candidacy for Mayor as an extension of what I learned in these roles.
It’s all about plans and priorities for our community. I believe:
- It’s about creating space to listen to you.
- It’s about creating solutions.
- It’s about creating and fostering business opportunities.
- It’s about creating a welcoming environment for all to live here, visit here and even return here. With the trend of more and more people working remotely and moving to smaller communities, we will be ready to welcome them and include them in Clarion’s revival.
Jen’s priorities will evolve after getting more input directly from the Clarion community, so please learn more about her “Meet Me on Main” events!
Events & News
Meet Me on Main!
Meet Me on Main events are Jen’s meetings with you, the community. Jen will meet you at a Clarion business (weather-dependent), and you can sit-down with her outside over a cup of coffee or a cold beer and share your needs, priorities, opportunities, and ideas for the future of our community.
The goals of these meet-and-greets are:
- Include those from our community in the ideas generating about the future of Clarion
- Ensure the campaign platform incorporates input from the communities that will be impacted most by the ideas and plans we put forward
- Support our local businesses
- Organize our community to support Jen in her candidacy for Mayor
Clarion River Brewing Company on April 13th from 4:00-5:00 PM! (Date changed due to weather.)
Jen wants to hear from residents, businesses and visitors!
Please schedule your session today, and let’s start talking!
Michelle’s Cafe on Saturday, April 13th at 2:30 PM! I will be joined by my friend, Pam Selker Rak. Pam is a native of Clarion County and now owns a marketing company near Pittsburgh called CommuniTech, LLC. Stop by and she can tell you why she supports me and is helping me with my campaign.
The Clarion News
There are so many ways to connect with Jen because accessibility and discussion are critical to Clarion’s progress. Jen is anxious to hear from you!